Thursday, July 7, 2011

relentless

Could I write words
that don't agitate a tense soul..
Could I write words
that ease.. release.. .relax. his heart…
as effectively as my hands can
unwind his body

Could I extend that part of my soul,
and wrap him warmly in unmitigated comfort,
akin to my arms embrace…
gentle while we sleep..
breaths peaceful and content.

Something
so simple
and in the same moment,
phenomenal.

Could I kiss him?
and breathe passion into his body.
Could I care about him..
so preciously,
and bound like water
.. tenacious ..
but pure in its desire to stay connected.

Could I feel safe..
safe.. regardless of this confusion.
Could I.. …feel… freely.
.be happy in the knowledge of his contentedness.

Could I…
could
he…
could…we….

quietly I listen, and I am
.quixotically.
Compelled.

hiccup,
blink.. eyes glazed he is over-thought..
and I am armbarred
from knowing
..from leaving

relentless
...
....
~05.29.07....

No comments:

Post a Comment